- The Guiding Principles for Evaluators serve as the cornerstone of good evaluation practice providing guidelines for sound, ethical practice.
- Offers short-term professional development courses for practicing evaluators.
- Prevention courses that are offered free to the public. Some courses are meant for professionals and have continuing education credits available. Other courses are designed to provide helpful information to members of the general public interested in prevention topics.
- Guidelines for balancing fidelity and adaptation and the importance of fidelity to process evaluation.
Healthy People 2020 Objectives
Sample Evaluation Plan
Measures and Data Analysis SectionEnglish (Adult / Youth) and Spanish. Surveys may be printed from the online source, distributed in hardcopy, and entered manually. Contact the IPRC to receive your results.
- Some communities may want to add questions to the NOMs or satisfaction surveys. These tip sheets provide advice for writing survey questions.
- Resource for performing basic statistical operations (e.g., frequencies, averages, percentages) using Excel.
Focus GroupsConducting Successful Focus Groups Tip Sheet – Summarizes The Wilder Nonprofit Field Guide to Conducting Successful Focus Groups highlighting special considerations for conducting focus groups with the 18-25 year old target population.
Survey Administration ProtocolTips for Administering Surveys - Provides general verbal instructions for completing surveys to assure that respondents understand that participation is voluntary and their responses will be kept confidential. Also included are important points to remember such as how to assist respondents who have difficulty reading.
- Useful website describing efforts to promote program evaluation in public health and highlights of a framework for program evaluation.
- Useful resources for planning and implementing program evaluations and for developing and collecting program performance measures.
- Setting the context for a community anti-drug coalition evaluation