- Webinar PPT Material 01.Overview Handouts 02.Ecological Approach to R & P Factors 03.Adverse Childhood Experiences O4.School O5.Shared Protective Factors O6.Behavioral Health Indicator System (BHIS)Center for the Application of Prevention Technologies (CAPT) webinar describing the importance of behavioral health, understanding the epidemiological framework, exploring shared risk and protective factors, and using behavioral health indicators.
SPF/CTC Data Webinar (2013)
- Purpose: Description of a resource assessment
Audience: Resources Assessment and Evaluation Work Group
Content: Exercise to determine resources and gaps
- Purpose: An overview of the data related to risk and protective factors and process for prioritizing needs
Audience: Risk and Protective Factor Workgroup
Content: Collecting data, determining priorities, establishing a timeline for completing a community needs assessment
- Description of the stages of community readiness and tools for its assessment.
Community Readiness Assessment
- SEOW's Community Readiness Survey- The survey is available in English ( WORD / SurveyMonkey) and Spanish (WORD / Spanish SurveyMonkey). An Interpretation Guide is available for interpreting results.
- Tri-Ethnic Center for Prevention Research’s Community Readiness Survey (editable) – download the complete manual
- Community Partner Institute’s Community Prevention Readiness Index (editable)
- Goodman & Wandersman's Community Key Leader Survey - The survey is available in English (WORD / SurveyMonkey and Spanish (WORD / Spanish SurveyMonkey). An Interpretation Guide is available for interpreting results.
Tools for collecting information of existing community programs/services
- a list of local level data sources related to risk/protective factors, behaviors, and consequences that are readily available online.
- A crosswalk of CTC risk and protective factor items available on the Indiana Youth Survey.
- A Guide for CTC Communities Utilizing the 2009 (or earlier versions) Indiana Survey for Assessing Risk and Protective Factors
- Data releases are required for the IPRC to release Indiana Youth Survey data to community coalitions and highly recommended for any other shared data
National Outcome Measures (NOMs)
- Listing of Indiana school corporations.
- Yearly data related to births (e.g., alcohol use during pregnancy).