National Drug Facts Week 2011
The second annual National Drug Facts Week will be held October 31 through November 6th. Congressmen and women from California and Massachusetts introduced legislation for the first annual National Drug Facts Week which took place in 2010. National Drug Facts Week (NDFW) is sponsored by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), a component of the National Institutes of Health, ...
The second annual National Drug Facts Week will be held October 31 through November 6th. Congressmen and women from California and Massachusetts introduced legislation for the first annual National Drug Facts Week which took place in 2010. National Drug Facts Week (NDFW) is sponsored by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), a component of the National Institutes of Health, to help teens, schools, and community groups organize events and activities to raise awareness and offer teens factual information about drugs and drug abuse. These events give teens the opportunity to learn science based facts about drug abuse and addiction.
The website at http://drugfactsweek.drugabuse.gov/ provides these resources so that teens can participate online or plan their own National Drug Facts Week events:
- Drug Facts Chat Day will be held on November 1st from 8am to 6pm EST. Each year NIDA scientists have a Web chat with thousands of teens who ask questions about drugs. Registration is limited but transcripts from previous years are available on the website.
- "Drug Facts: Shatter the Myths," the National Drug Facts Week Q&A booklet that answers teens' most frequently asked questions about drugs and drug abuse.
- “National Drug IQ Challenge,” an interactive twenty question quiz to test one’s knowledge on drugs and drug abuse.
- An Event Toolkit to guide event planners through the process entitled, “Getting Started: 6 Steps to Hosting a NDFW Event.”
- An activities page with 20 different activity suggestions including a Teens vs. Adults edition of the National Drug IQ Challenge, Facebook Scavenger Hunt, Teaming up with a Local Sports Celebrity, or showing an HBO addictions film such as “Saturday Night in a Dallas ER.”
For more information about National Drug Facts Week and how to get involved visit the links below.
DMT-A psychedelic gaining popularity Moxduo-A powerful new pain pill Palcohol-Alcohol in...
It is not a crime to drink alcohol. In fact, it can be good for your health. At the same...
Indiana-Substance Abuse Solutions (I-SAS) is a federally funded, locally managed, program for...
Electronic cigarettes are devices that provide doses of nicotine and other additives to users in...
IPRC Newsletter - An Ounce of Prevention (Jul. 2014)
Trending Drugs - What's on Our Radar?
Where Are You on the Spectrum from Harmless to Harmful?...
Indiana I-SAS Project: Affordable treatment for ages...
The Rise of Electronic Cigarettes
County Level Epidemiological Indicators
Think there is a drug or alcohol abuse problem in your county? Need data to determine the best course of action to address a substance abuse problem? A great way to find data regarding local substance abuse is through the County Level Epidemiological Indicators...
Full Story »
- electronic mailing list
- training, events, and funding
- for substance abuse and problem gambling prevention and treatment