Indiana’s Efforts in Breaking the Cycle of Dating Violence
- Published on February 22, 2012
In past years, February has been known as a month of Valentine’s Day cards, heart-shaped chocolates, and red roses; however this year the month of February has a much more valuable meaning. In his recent proclamation, President Barak Obama declared February, 2012 as national Teen Dating Violence Awareness and Prevention Month. ...
A Gift from Whitney Houston That Could Save Your Life
- Published on February 20, 2012
Writing on the day of Whitney Houston’s funeral, the circumstances surrounding her tragic death, regardless of the ultimate findings of the autopsy, have brought the whole nation to a heightened awareness of the dangers of drug interactions. ...
Depression and Mental Health
- Published on February 01, 2012
Depression, though not commonly understood, is believed to be the result of interacting genetic, biological, environmental, and psychological factors. Depression, a mood disorder, is a common type of mental health problem in which a variety of symptoms combine to interfere with daily living ...
Navigating the Super Bowl Safely
- Published on January 25, 2012
For many Americans, Super Bowl Sunday is spent with friends and family gathered around the television, cheering for their favorite team. This year many Hoosiers as well as other fans across the country will have the opportunity to experience Super Bowl festivities first hand in Indianapolis. ...
Update on the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA)
- Published on January 06, 2012
On December 16 the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) released a bulletin giving individual states greater flexibility in how they implement the ACA. It offers the states the possibility of substituting services. ...
- Poverty - A Risk Factor for Mental and Behavioral Health
- Mental Health and Quality of Life
- National Drug Facts Week 2011
- Red Ribbon Week
- Office of Alternative Screening and Intervention Services (OASIS)
- COMPASS - Pointing Student Athletes in the Right Direction
- Recovery Month - An Interview from the Field
- Back To School Doesn’t Have to Mean ‘Back to Drinking.’
- The Debate on Defining Substance Use Disorders
- Sunscreen safety