December is Drunk and Drugged Driving Prevention Month
- Published on December 03, 2014
December is Drunk and Drugged Driving Prevention Month. * Alcohol and other drugs can make driving a dangerous situation for everyone who crosses the path of the intoxicated driver. ...
Suicide, a National and Local Problem
- Published on November 21, 2014
As International Survivors of Suicide Loss Day (November 22) approaches, the Indiana Prevention Resource Center is calling attention to the problem of suicide in Indiana and nationally. Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in the U.S. ...
Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month, Part 2: Acculturation and Associated Risk and Protective Factors
- Published on November 09, 2014
Culture is dynamic and ever changing in subtle and not so subtle ways. Our cultural identity is comprised of a multitude of components. It includes such things as our language, ethnicity, education, ...
November is Tobacco Awareness Month
- Published on October 23, 2014
November is Tobacco Awareness Month. During the month of November communities can work towards preventing tobacco use through events and education aimed at helping young teens to say no to tobacco. It’s important to engage youth about tobacco prevention ...
Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month, Part 1: Getting to Know You ...
- Published on October 13, 2014
September 15 to October 15 is Hispanic Heritage month. This month we celebrate our Hispanic/Latino fellow Hoosiers. They are our neighbors, our colleagues, our friends and fellow Americans. “American” actually describes people from North, Central and South America. ...
- October is National Substance Abuse Prevention Month
- September 2014 is Recovery Month: Speak Up, Reach Out
- Trending Drugs - What's on Our Radar?
- Where Are You on the Spectrum from Harmless to Harmful? - April is Alcohol Awareness Month
- Indiana I-SAS Project: Affordable treatment for ages 12-18 struggling with drug or alcohol abuse
- The Rise of Electronic Cigarettes
- March 16-22: National Inhalants and Poison Awareness Week, 2014
- Despite increased safety efforts, school shootings continue to happen
- “Molly” – An innocuous nickname hides potential danger