Mental Health Awareness
- Published on May 07, 2015
May is Mental Health Awareness Month. Mental illness is a serious issue that affects about 61.5 million adults, or about 25% of the adult population, in the United States every year ...
Usual type of alcohol consumed by Indiana college students differs by age
- Published on April 24, 2015
Among Indiana college students who drank alcohol, a much larger percentage of the students under 21 years of age (compared to older students) indicated that liquor was the type of alcohol they usually drink. ...
- Published on April 05, 2015
Alcohol is a legal drug and one that has long been accepted and part of our society. Though it is legal for persons ages 21 and above, it is still a drug with the potential for risk and harm. For example, 31% of all traffic-related deaths in the United States are due to alcohol-impaired drivers ...
E-Cigarettes, a Delivery System for Unknown Drugs
- Published on March 30, 2015
In December, a student at the Indiana University Purdue University campus reported being incapacitated and sexually assaulted after smoking an e-cigarette. The student reported that the e-cigarette contained an unknown substance. ...
Gambling is all fun and games, until…
- Published on March 06, 2015
Gambling is not all fun and games for many. Once they start to borrow money; lie about how much money they gamble and how often they gamble, steal and cause hurt friends and family—problem gambling has replaced the fun. ...
- Substance Abuse and Brain Awareness
- Honoring Prevention’s African American Heroes
- Children of Alcoholics
- The Effects of Other Substances on the Fetus
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- December is Drunk and Drugged Driving Prevention Month
- Suicide, a National and Local Problem
- Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month, Part 2: Acculturation and Associated Risk and Protective Factors
- November is Tobacco Awareness Month
- Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month, Part 1: Getting to Know You ...