Honoring Prevention’s African American Heroes
- Published on February 12, 2015
During Black History month it is appropriate to recognize outstanding colleagues in the field of prevention. Of the many African-American prevention professionals, this short piece will single out four individuals with whom the author has had the pleasure and privilege to work over an extended period, ...
Children of Alcoholics
- Published on February 01, 2015
February is Children of Alcoholics (COA) Awareness Month; therefore, this article will explore the challenges associated with these affected children and ways to assist them and their families. While COAs include young people and adults of alcoholics, this article specifically focuses on the young people who are COAs. ...
The Effects of Other Substances on the Fetus
- Published on January 13, 2015
January is Fetal Impact of Substance Abuse Awareness Month. The first article focused on alcohol use during pregnancy and the Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) which can result from it. ...
Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- Published on January 01, 2015
January is Fetal Impact of Substance Abuse Awareness Month. Two articles will address the effects of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs on fetal development. ...
December is Drunk and Drugged Driving Prevention Month
- Published on December 03, 2014
December is Drunk and Drugged Driving Prevention Month. * Alcohol and other drugs can make driving a dangerous situation for everyone who crosses the path of the intoxicated driver. ...
- Suicide, a National and Local Problem
- Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month, Part 2: Acculturation and Associated Risk and Protective Factors
- November is Tobacco Awareness Month
- Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month, Part 1: Getting to Know You ...
- October is National Substance Abuse Prevention Month
- September 2014 is Recovery Month: Speak Up, Reach Out
- Trending Drugs - What's on Our Radar?
- Where Are You on the Spectrum from Harmless to Harmful? - April is Alcohol Awareness Month
- Indiana I-SAS Project: Affordable treatment for ages 12-18 struggling with drug or alcohol abuse
- The Rise of Electronic Cigarettes