July: Prescription Drug Abuse Awareness
- Published on July 02, 2015
July is Prescription Drug Abuse Awareness Month. With prescription drug abuse at epidemic levels, this is an ideal time to address some common myths and provide some good information about safe and unsafe use of prescription drugs ...
June: Marijuana Abuse Awareness Month
- Published on June 05, 2015
As of 2014, marijuana was the most commonly used illicit drug in the United States. June is Marijuana Abuse Awareness Month, and it is a good time to think about the risks of ...
Mental Health Awareness
- Published on May 07, 2015
May is Mental Health Awareness Month. Mental illness is a serious issue that affects about 61.5 million adults, or about 25% of the adult population, in the United States every year ...
Usual type of alcohol consumed by Indiana college students differs by age
- Published on April 24, 2015
Among Indiana college students who drank alcohol, a much larger percentage of the students under 21 years of age (compared to older students) indicated that liquor was the type of alcohol they usually drink. ...
- Published on April 05, 2015
Alcohol is a legal drug and one that has long been accepted and part of our society. Though it is legal for persons ages 21 and above, it is still a drug with the potential for risk and harm. For example, 31% of all traffic-related deaths in the United States are due to alcohol-impaired drivers ...
- E-Cigarettes, a Delivery System for Unknown Drugs
- Gambling is all fun and games, until…
- Substance Abuse and Brain Awareness
- Honoring Prevention’s African American Heroes
- Children of Alcoholics
- The Effects of Other Substances on the Fetus
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- December is Drunk and Drugged Driving Prevention Month
- Suicide, a National and Local Problem
- Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month, Part 2: Acculturation and Associated Risk and Protective Factors