IPRC, 25 Years: Much has changed and much has not
- Published on April 22, 2013
For 25 years the IPRC has been part of Indiana University and received support and assistance from the Division of Mental Health and Addiction of Indiana Family Social Services Administration. The IPRC began its first fiscal year on October 1, 1987, ...
Alcohol Awareness Month: How IU is Changing the Drinking Culture
- Published on April 04, 2013
Indiana University, Bloomington is home to a diverse student body of over 40,000 students. With world-renowned programs, distinguished faculty, vibrant culture, and a beautiful campus, IU students have multiple reasons to boast. However, there is one thing you will hear some students declare proudly that doesn’t show up on a college brochure: IU is a party school ...
Celebrating 25th anniversary of IPRC
- Published on March 05, 2013
The Indiana Prevention Resource Center (IPRC) celebrates their 25th anniversary this year! For a quarter of a century, the IPRC has forged current research and data into practice among a vast group of youth workers, practitioners, teachers, counselors, researchers, and prevention and treatment professionals in Indiana and beyond. ...
Problem Gambling a Community Concern
- Published on March 04, 2013
March 3 – 9, 2013 marks the nation’s 11th Annual National Problem Gambling Awareness Week. The theme this year is “Problem Gambling: A New Understanding of a Community Concern”. The goal of the week is to raise awareness about the warning signs of problem gambling and the resources for help. ...
Teaching Resilience: A New Approach to Bullying
- Published on March 01, 2013
Though some people dismiss bullying with the age-old adage “kids will be kids,” the issue of bullying in schools has become a serious public health issue. According to the National Education Association (NEA), one in seven students between grades K-12 are either a bully or a victim of bullying. ...
- The intersection of Substance Use and Bullying Among Youth - Community Expert Panel
- Addicted to Your Cellphone?
- Remembering William ("Bill") J. Bailey, 1947-2005
- IndianaSBIRT Receives Premier Health Achievement Award
- Partnerships for Success Initiative
- Motivational Interviewing
- September is Recovery Month
- Fall, Football, Tailgating, and Playing Safe
- Designer drugs: A wolf in sheep's clothing
- Stress and Anxiety