November is Tobacco Awareness Month
- Published on October 23, 2014
November is Tobacco Awareness Month. During the month of November communities can work towards preventing tobacco use through events and education aimed at helping young teens to say no to tobacco. It’s important to engage youth about tobacco prevention ...
Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month, Part 1: Getting to Know You ...
- Published on October 13, 2014
September 15 to October 15 is Hispanic Heritage month. This month we celebrate our Hispanic/Latino fellow Hoosiers. They are our neighbors, our colleagues, our friends and fellow Americans. “American” actually describes people from North, Central and South America. ...
October is National Substance Abuse Prevention Month
- Published on October 01, 2014
What is substance abuse? Healthy People 2020 defines substance abuse as a set of related conditions associated with the consumption of mind and behavior altering substances that have negative behavioral and health outcomes (2014). ...
September 2014 is Recovery Month: Speak Up, Reach Out
- Published on August 28, 2014
SAMHSA's first celebration of September as "Recovery Month" was 25 years ago, in 1989 and was referred to as TreatmentWorks! Every year since then, SAMHSA has worked with local treatment and recovery organizations to raise awareness about recovery. Activities target professionals who work with people in recovery, family and friends, and the recovering addicts themselves. ...
Trending Drugs - What's on Our Radar?
- Published on May 09, 2014
- DMT-A psychedelic gaining popularity
- Moxduo-A powerful new pain pill
- Palcohol-Alcohol in powder form
- Where Are You on the Spectrum from Harmless to Harmful? - April is Alcohol Awareness Month
- Indiana I-SAS Project: Affordable treatment for ages 12-18 struggling with drug or alcohol abuse
- The Rise of Electronic Cigarettes
- March 16-22: National Inhalants and Poison Awareness Week, 2014
- Despite increased safety efforts, school shootings continue to happen
- “Molly” – An innocuous nickname hides potential danger
- The Future of Mental Health Specialists: Robotic Counseling
- IPRC, 25 Years: Much has changed and much has not
- Alcohol Awareness Month: How IU is Changing the Drinking Culture