The Indiana Prevention Resource Center’s service called PREV-STAT uses GIS software and data from a variety of sources to create county profiles and customized project reports, including maps and tables. Currently Series 12 (2015) is available to search on various variables.
CLEI - County Level Epidemiological Indicators
• Alcohol and Drug Mortality Data
• Alcohol and Drug Arrest Data
• Alcohol and Drug Treatment Admission and Episode Data
• Alcohol, Drug and Weapons Expulsion and Suspension Data, Dropout Data
Here you will find information on upcoming in-person events as well as free online training resources.
Once you complete a training, you can earn CEUs and print your own certificate.
New free courses recently added
- Drug Overview: TOBACCO
- Drug Overview: HEROIN - Drug Overview: PRESCRIPTION DRUGS - Drug Overview: COCAINE - Introduction to Motivational Interviewing - Drug Overview: MARIJUANA - Drug Overview: ALCOHOL
Training Portal: Registration
Please register to take free trainings and earn CEUs.
After creating your account, you will be able to register for training courses.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Indiana Prevention Resource Center staff provides a spectrum of program planning and evaluation services for statewide and local prevention efforts. In tandem with other consulting units, the IPRC can assist with:
• needs assessment
• evidence-based prevention method selection
• capacity-building for sustainability
In addition, evaluation consulting services include:
• evaluation design
• identification of data sources
• selection and development of data collection tools and protocols
Corkboard is Indiana’s electronic system used to collect evaluation and individual programmatic data including but not limited to the National outcome Measures (NOMS), the Institute of Medicine (IOM) classification, demographic information on populations served, and other items as designated by the Division of Mental Health and Addiction. This system was developed by Indiana University and requires an authorized login for access.
• The Strategic Prevention Framework (SPF) is a systematic, community based process to support the effectiveness of prevention efforts.
• The SPF embodies the IPRC's approach to prevention.
Search the IPRC Home Library Database for electronic resources. For Indiana residents: borrow a DVD or VHS from our loan library.
Featured Article: National Inhalants and Poison Awareness Week
March 16-22: National Inhalants and Poison Awareness Week, 2014
For a dozen years now, the third week of March has been named National Inhalants and Poison Awareness Week. Known also as NIPAW, this event highlights the need for inhalant abuse prevention and ways to avoid accidental poisonings. ...
The Indiana Prevention Resource Center is funded, in part, by a contract with the Indiana Family and Social Services Administration, Division of Mental Health and Addiction, financially supported through HHS/Substance Abuse Mental Health Services Administration, Center for Substance Abuse Prevention, Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Block Grant. The IPRC is operated by the Indiana University Department of Applied Health Science at Indiana University, Bloomington School of Public Health. It is affiliated with the School's Institute for Research on Addictive Behavior.
Indiana Prevention Resource Center
Comments or questions: